But don’t think that patriotism is something to be trifled with… to be put into an advertising campaign and not supported by action. Patriotism stirs the soul and fires the blood… it inspires daring actions and heated debates… it holds a place in every consumer’s heart that won’t be bought or sold. And being such a cynical, seen-it-all bunch, we can spot a false flag waiver a mile away.
So… if the fervor of the holiday is taking hold, and you’ll like to be sincerely more patriotic in your business, here are some things you can do…
- Proudly display “Made in America” on your products
- Fly the flag at your location, and be sure to do it properly
- Offer discounts to military families or veterans
- Support our soldiers with collections of essential items
- When they come home, hire a veteran if you can
- Support community causes or relief efforts here at home
- Encourage people to vote
- Use themes in ads to show appreciation for our troops
- Salute your local police, fire and rescue teams
There are some other simple, subtle ways you can mark the nation’s birthday. A qualitygiveaway really stands out at this time of year. It’s an unexpected gift that’s noticed, and remembered, for a long time. Consider these season appropriate promotional products you might give as you celebrate America’s birthday.
- A fun product like a printed frame that ties directly to the holiday is a wonderful choice.
- Another summer favorite that’s a welcome gift is barbecue accessories.
- Beach towels, drinkwareand beach balls are all great giveaways that fit the season.
- Baseballs fans can’t get enough of baseball related products.
- Perfect for summertime, and eco-friendly too is drinkware. Cups, mugs and more showcase your business name to a very large group of people.
A national holiday might also serve as an excuse to invest in clothing that’s geared to the warmer weather and has that All-American look. The most affordable options are caps, but a smartly styled polo shirt or light fleece jacket are other ways to outfit yourself and your team. These items also make great gifts for your best customers — gifts that get noticed simply because of the time of the year they’re given.
Whatever you do on this 4th of July… stop for one moment and remember the brave group of patriots who took a chance so you could be free, eat hot dogs, slug bottled water and shoot off illegal fireworks. God Bless America.
This post was written by Susan Morgan