Can you feel that certain something in the air? Just as in the fall, football lovers everywhere are all fired up for the big games to come â€” divisional championships no less, the winners to face off in this year’s Super Bowl. That means, for the next few weeks just about everyone will be thinking, talking, eating and sleeping football, and this gives you ample opportunities to useÂ football themedÂ promotional productsÂ to build your businessâ€¦ to get noticed and remembered.
Here are a just few of the possibilitiesâ€¦
- Cheering:Â megaphones,Â clappers, horns,Â whistles,Â cowbells,Â pom poms,Â foam hands,Â flags
- Clothing: baseballÂ capsÂ andÂ shirtsÂ in team colors
- Coping: football shapedÂ stress reliever
- Celebrating: picnicÂ coolers,Â grill accessories,Â stadium cups, plates, napkins, drinkÂ cozies
You might give any of these items to customers/employees, or make them a “Gift with Purchase” given out in the buildup to Super Bowl Sunday. The great news for businesses everywhere is that there’s no end to the kinds ofÂ promotional products that can carry your business name, logo and more.
The effectiveness of promotional products, during these frenzied weeks of football fanaticism or at any time, is hard to beat. TheÂ 2010 ASI Impression StudyÂ found thatÂ 62%Â of those who were given aÂ promotional productÂ (called advertising specialties in the study)Â ended up doing business with the gifting company AFTER getting the item. What’s more,Â 84%Â of those who get these items remember the company â€” no other medium (not TV, radio, newspaper or magazines) offers that kind of name recognition.
But what if promotional products aren’t in the cards right now? You’re just starting out, or haven’t planned for them as part of your marketing mix?
There are lots of other great ways to show your team spiritâ€¦ get in on all the football mania going on around you. Start by thinking about the type of business you run and the numbers of football fans you have as customers (or employees). This will help you choose the right approachâ€¦ one of these or something you come up with on your own to get in on the fun and build business too. Considerâ€¦
- offering a discount on a product or service, or more at the regular price, and have the offer expire after the game
- creating a coupon that has a football theme in both design (colors, graphics) and copy
- running (or participating in) a fantasy football league to get customers/employees involved and interacting
- decorating your location with banners, your team’s colors or anything football related
- getting together to watch the big game at your location or a local pub, restaurant
We’ve talked before about how important it is to do some thinking and planning before you decide to call and order that first promotional product â€” from us or from someone else. We stand by that advice still. To use these items effectively, you need to understand your audience â€” who’ll be getting the item. You also must have a plan, a budget and some way to measure the success of your efforts. And lastly, you’ll need to find the right product, football themed or something else, to fit your needs.
Calling on a fully trainedÂ product specialistÂ is a smart move, as these pros can help you choose something that works with your overall marketing message, or takes advantage of a special, once-a-year event like theÂ Super Bowl. Our team works regularly with businesses of all sizes to help them get theÂ right product, the right look.
So enjoy this special time of yearâ€¦ in any way and every way possible. Go team!