For years, workaholics have been praised for their dedication and hard work. However, there are consequences to this lifestyle. In order to combat these negative effects on the body and mind, it is important that we take a step back from our jobs every once in a while to spend time with family or pick up a hobby such as gardening. This doesn’t mean you need to stop working altogether; just don’t forget about what’s most important in life!
Try some of these out while you take a step back:
1. Take a moment to close your eyes and take in the fresh air
2. Enjoy a healthy snack, such as an apple or banana
3. Spend time with friends and family who you haven’t seen in awhile
4. Exercise for at least 10 minutes – even if it’s just walking around the block or doing push ups on the floor
5. Try something new that will give you a sense of accomplishment; like learning how to cook or taking up knitting
6. Read through your favorite book (or one you’ve been meaning to get to)
I’m not telling you to take a vacation every day, but it’s important to step back and recharge your batteries so that you can enjoy life more. The next time you find yourself feeling tired or burnt out, remember the importance of taking care of yourself in order to be at your best for those around you.