July 15th is National Get to Know Your Customers Day. I never realized that this was actually a thing – but I’m glad to know that it is. Your customers are the backbone of your business, but how well do you know them? By investing a little time into getting to know what they like and care about, you can make their experience with your company much more enjoyable.
- Find out more about what they do and what they’re looking for from your company.
- Learn what the customer does outside of work so that you can find some common ground to build rapport.
- Invite people into the store or office so that they can get an idea of what you do – this will make them more likely to come back later on.
- Send out surveys periodically and follow up on any comments made by the recipients.
- Share the survey information with other employees in order to better serve your customers.
- Read your online reviews and adjust your business practices as needed.
National Get to Know Your Customers Day is a great way to celebrate the importance of getting to know your customers. It’s also an opportunity for you and your team members at your company to do a good job listening, understanding, communicating with them – and ultimately making their experience as positive as possible. If you’re ready to grow relationships by doing more than just selling products or services but truly connecting with people on an emotional level, I encourage you to take part in this event!